Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017.

I think we can all agree that moving forward from 2016 is for the best.

Last year, I didn't make any resolutions. I've always thought them kind of cheesy, although that's never stopped me before from setting goals that... let's face it... probably wouldn't have been made if it weren't for the human desire to follow the crowd. There's just something about the new year that makes you want to start over. If the calendar can do it, by golly so can you. 

This year is a little bit different. I've got some pretty big life changes ahead of me, the biggest being I'm heading back to college to get my degree in English literature. 

With that, I feel like I need structure. I need goals. I need something to strive for so I don't resort to lazy habits. So here they are, as cliché as it sounds. 

My 2017 New Year's Resolutions. 

  1. Use my planner. My wonderful, insightful mother got me a planner for Christmas. I'll admit when I opened it I was a little confused. I had mentioned in the past liking the Erin Condren planners, but it was never something I had intended to ever get because of the price and... well... I didn't think I'd be INTO it. Oh boy. On Christmas morning, when I unwrapped my Happy Planner starter set, little did I know this was the beginning of something beautiful. I might do a whole post on this planner in the future because I'm just THAT into it.Seriously. It's great, and I think it will be perfect in helping me stay organized and give me a leg up to reaching my goals. 
  2. Read 30 books. This looks like such a small number! I've always had so much pride for my amount of books read. I'm the resident reader in my family's lives, so thirty books isn't exactly great for me. However, with starting school and me really wanting to focus on that, I thought it might be safe to lower it. 
  3. Start going to bed without my phone. This one seems a bit obvious, but I want to really try to stop relying on my phone to put me to sleep. I end up staying up way too late and sleeping in, which then makes me feel lazy and just not great... yeah. No more night time browsing. 
  4. Be more active on social media. With social anxiety, even online interaction can be a bit debilitating. I have been hesitant to really put myself out there on all platforms because, well, it's just plain scary. This year, I would like to really strive to be better at having more of an online presence. Maybe that would even mean more blog posts? Why knows. This one will probably be the most challenging. 

So what do you guys think? DO you have any resolutions? Do you make then every year? Let me know what you think. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment